Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eating with the enemy

A few years back I had not-so-loved professor who was studying the blogosphere. She posed to us a question: where are all the reporter notebooks? The web is full of fact and opinion, but few journalists have used the weblog format to showcase the process of writing an article.

Any feature worth it's first few words is only a snapshot of the stacks of printed papers, scribbled up pads, tapes, and photographs that went into the final product. In an effort to showcase the individual stories of the people I interview for my final feature in my final year at Ryerson, I'm posting everything I can.

To that un-named prof: here it is, my reporter's notebook. Follow me as I'm dive into Toronto's food community and see how social media has changed its local culture. Expect posts throughout the spring on everything from my favourite Tweets to interview notes.

Content may be simulcast with Close Your Eyes--russless.blogspot.com and Ryerson In the Moment--ryerson2010.posterous.com.

The rest is as follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment